This diagram is my own personal reference for the 7 elbow strike combinations taught by Krav maga. Darker, transparent arms reflect the striking punch, or the end of the elbow technique. All methods start from the aggressive Fighting Stance. The first three show a top view, as the arm level is consistent to yours, subsequent attacks require some arm adjustment, and have a side view accordingly:
Chart of 7 Elbow techniques: View the layout
- Cock your elbow back (exaggerated for the drawing) for an aggressive straight elbow to the opponents chest to head location (head preferred). Careful to use your body as the power, not simply your arm.
- Transfer your elbow, parallel to your body, sideways with a stab of the elbow to your opponent
- Elbow back, targeting the opponents chest to head. Remember to look a split second prior to attack, lest ye land it in a not so comfortable location
- Drive the elbow low and back to the opponents abdomen or below
- Drive the elbow from low to high; an uppercut elbow of sorts that should clear space and direct contact to your opponents chin
- Reverse of number 5, swing the elbow to an uppercut to the front attackers chin
- Drive your elbow up, then down, in a hammerfist manner that finds the full force of your body weight as support
This information is for Brady J. Frey's personal training records & is not intended as a replacement for live, professional Krav Maga training. I am in no way responsible for your disregard to this warning. Please contact me if you have questions.